Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

{ the witching hour }



my witching hour is right around 8:30 every night.  that's when my night chores come out to greet me.  dinner is over, the boys are in bed and we're alone.

tonight i didn't even give them a chance to rear their ugly heads.  dinner was early, pj got dish duty, i ironed eric's shirt before i let my body sink deep into the couch.  i even baked.  bread and chippers.  i know, i got the fever

here's the proof in case you doubt.  but come on, just believe me.

: : 

work is really slow right now, so all of a sudden i went from 3 years of nonstop rushing and racing and juggling schedules to hours and hours of spare time.

i'm trying to enjoy it.

doesn't it seem wonderful?  it should.  i need to
shut.
up.
and enjoy it while it exists.  because it'll be gone soon, right? one of my flaws is my lack of focus and drive when i have too much time.  

give me 2 hours of free time a day and 10 things to do and i'll get 12 done.  no problem.  but give me 12 hours?  i'll find 10 reasons why i should do these other mundane things.  

anyway, because i was feeling down today about not working and stressing about finances as a result, i decided i needed to fill my head with more motivating thoughts.

: : just because i'm not getting paid to design, does not mean i shouldn't do it on my own, for fun.
: : i spent the day with my sister, got an email from my dad, phone calls from both my brothers and had a sit down dinner with eric and pj.  charlie sheen would definitely agree that today i was #winning.

: : the sun was out all day today.

: : the sun is out all day almost every single day.

: :i have a blessed life.  one many would envy.  i need to remember to act like it.  i'm going to go fall asleep to some louise c.k.  goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...